Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Food Review #19: Ian’s Mac and No Cheese

I found a new sections at Wegman’s the other day and was soooo thrilled to find this! I had seen dairy-free mac and cheese or gluten-free mac and cheese but not one with one that was both gluten-free and dairy-free mac and cheese. I haven’t even found a recipe I like so far really that is a gluten-free mac and cheese, so I hoped this recipe would be great since it was especially for kids. I tried it last night. It was not so great!

Why?

  • Although I was not trilled at the cost (over $5 a serving!), I was really excited to try something already prepared that was gluten free and dairy free and sugar free! Amazing! Especially since this is such a classic food that I love.
  • I found the texture to be ok, similar to regular mac and cheese.
  • But, the taste, to my surprise, was not cheesy at all! It tasted like celery to me and was not something I wanted to keep eating.
  • I had tried this because I was sure if kids liked it, I would too. I was very sorely disappointed and frustrated to waste my money on this product.


What’s inside: Brown Rice Pasta (Whole Grain Brown Rice, Rice Bran, Water), Vegetable Base, Rice Milk Powder, Water, Cornstarch, Canola Oil, Nutritional Yeast, Sea Salt, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder.

0 comments: